Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Angels among Us.

I believe I have met a few angels over my few years, that I believe were put in my path to teach me a lesson. The lesson is whether your the stranger or it's someone else that is a stranger to you, always go out of your way to help others. And your reward is much greater than any of us here on earth could imagine. It may be as simple as a hot meal and a warm blanket, or as complex as helping a new found friend to clean out a loved one's house that needed it.

Matthew 25:35-46 says-
For I was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.
Then the righteous ones will reply, "Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?
I tell you the truth, says the King, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!"
The King will turn to those on the Left and say, Away with you , you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons. For I was hungry, and you didn't feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn't give me a drink. I was a stranger, and you didn't invite me in you home. I was naked and you didn't give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn't visit me. Then they will reply, "Lord when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty, or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?" And he answers, I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me." And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life."

Hebrews 13:2 says,- Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some have done this have entertained angels without realizing it.

I believe there are angels out there, whether it be the person needing a hot meal being a homeless person or an angel that could vanish. But I believe there are also special people who I call angels that just come and Knock on the door to help, when there is no reward here. But then I realized how great there reward is that is waiting.

A little over two months has passed since my uncle passed away. And while we were cleaning out his house, there was a knock on the door. My aunt had been hoping to sell the house. The man at the door was looking to buy, and she asked him. Are you the answer to my prayers? Then another man walking up, Said he may not be but I am! That was Mr. Rutland. He buys and sells antiques, and our house was full of them, among other things. Well after the Antiques were gone, and most of the family too, he was there. Day in and Day out he and his wife were there helping without asking for anything in return. I thank God there are people out in the world like that. Angels that have special callings, and when they make it to heaven one day, the treasure they find will be far greater than anyone could ever imagine. I believe that God put the Rutlands in my path to teach me a lesson. I have learned no matter the person that needs help, you should help them. Because it may not be an ordinary person. And if the situation doesn't look promising still help, because whatever the other person is struggling with is between them and their walk with God. Besides, helping someone else may show them the light in Christianity, and it may be the beginning of their walk with the Lord. Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Rutland. You have touched my heart.

I guess the question is, Have we entertained angels or been entertained by angels? Have we crossed the path of someone we could have helped in any small way that could lead them to Jesus?

I hope that everyone takes every opportunity to help in the small ways when they can't in the big ways. Because everything we can do big or small can show someone the love of Jesus. I hope everyone has a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment