Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

"If Tomorrow Never Comes"


If I knew this would be last time I would see you fall asleep, I would tuck you in more tightly and pray the lord your soul to keep. If I knew it would be the last time I would see you walk out that door I’d hug you and kiss you and then ask you for one more. If I knew it would be the last time I heard your voice lifted in praise, I would video tape each action and word so I could play it back each day.
If I knew it would be the last time I could spare a minute or two, I would stop and say I love you, instead of assuming that you knew. If I knew it would be the last time I would be there to share your day, instead of saying we’ll have many more, I’ll just let this one slip away for surely there’s tomorrow to make this up and we’ll always have a second chance to make everything right.
We always think there will always be another day to say, I love you and certainly there’s time to say is there anything I can do?
But in case I might be wrong and today is all I get, I’d like to say how much I love you and I hope we never forget that tomorrow is not promised to no one young or old alike, and today might be the last chance you get to hold your loved one tight. So don’t wait for tomorrow, why not do it today? For if tomorrow never comes you will surely regret that day that you didn’t take that extra time for a smile, a hug or kiss, And you were just too busy to grant what could have been their last wish.
So hold your loved one close today and whisper in their ear how much you love them and how you will always hold them dear, Take time to say, I’m sorry, Please forgive me, Thank you, or its, ok. For if tomorrow never comes, you’ll have no regrets today.

I know I have posted this one time before, but I felt it be very appropriate to what's going on in my life and many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment