Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Life Well Lived

Our boys need our prayers more than ever. I will be honest. I didn't know that the team had a student assistant coach named Joe. I know another family, though, with a little boy with the same heart condition that ended Joe's life too soon. Everything I have read leads me to believe this young man was a believer and is now with Jesus. It seems he made the most of his very short time on earth. Pray for our players, the coaches, and Joe's family. They are missing someone this evening. If any of ya'll didn't know, I teach high school students with learning problems. I have seen many young lives taken too soon. It can be heart wrenching. Last year, about this time, one of my former students was killed in a car accident. It hurt me deeply, so I know this community needs our prayers. It doesn't take the pain away, but God had a different plan for Joe's life. The number of the days in his life were different from others. It seems like Joe made the most of the time God had him on earth.



Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future


I will often use this verse. It always makes me happy and sad at the same time. One of my best friends used this in his valedictorian address to my high school graduating class. Less than three years later, he was dead from meningitis. I take joy and comfort in knowing that my friend knew Jesus as his Lord but sadness in wondering what he would be doing today.






I forgot to mention earlier that if you don't have access to a player roster, you can access one at the auburntigers.com website. Click sports, then football, then roster.

Our boys are being attacked by the enemy. They need prayers for comfort and protection. I pray all of you are having a great week.

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment