Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Challenges: Expressions of Irritation

Calm waters. photo by Klell

 Probably the one place in my walk with God that I fail the most in, is when I get become frustrated, or irritated. I certainly won't print some of the utterances that have streamed forth from my "pie hole", suffice it to say, my Mother would not be proud.

Learning to tame this emotional outburst has left me humbled for sure. It is an ever constant battle, that I for one, intend to get past. Of course, I need help in doing so, and that only comes from the grace of God.



James 3:6
 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on the fires of hell.

Nothing good comes from these short lapses in control. Almost instantly I ask for forgiveness, and I am ashamed. I know that this verse is the most true in this situation.

Matthew 15:11
Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of his mouth, this defiles a man.

There is hope of course, in the name of Jesus Christ. He gave his life so that we may be forgiven. Strength comes from this knowledge. The compassion that the Son of God has shown allows me to continue to fight the good fight, and walk with him as one. 

I will leave you with this one verse that, when taken in context, can give you all the encouragement you need to keep walking your walk with him.

1 John 3:20
 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment